30 years, 25, 20, 15, 10… The choice is yours.
Rates are low so why not lock them in now!
Is a fixed rate loan right for you?
- Do you plan to stay in your home for many years?
- Do you prefer a consistent mortgage payment for budget planning?
- Does your peace of mind depend on a payment that never changes?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage might be right for you! Since your rate won’t change for the life of your loan, your mortgage payment will never increase.
Fixed rate loans come in various types, and are generally the most popular loans for those looking to buy or refinance their homes. This is due to the security they provide, ensuring consistent monthly payments, without worry or hassle about changing interest rates. If you are planning to own your home for several years or more, a fixed rate loan may be your best option. The most utilized loan program is the 30 year fixed rate, but 20 year, 15 year, and 10 year fixed rate loans are also popular.
Conventional fixed rate parameters
- Refinance up to 95% of your primary home’s value
- Buy a primary residence with as little as 5% down.
- Loan amounts up to $2,000,000 (loan to value restrictions may apply)
How a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage works
Monthly payments based on interest rate, principal loan amount, and amortized interest over 30 years
Your mortgage payment will not change throughout the life of the loan, although tax and insurance figures may fluctuate
Pay your mortgage at any time without pre-payment penalties